Recipe by : Josna Ajai
1.Samolina – 1 cup
2.Chopped Onion – 1 no.
3.Chopped Carrot – 2 tbsp
4.Chopped Ginger – 2 tsp
5.ChoppedGreen Chillies – 2 nos
6.Grated Coconut – 2 tbsp
7.Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp
8.Ghee – 1 1/2 tsp
9.Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
10.Urad Dal – 1 tsp
11.Dry red chillies – 1 or 2
12.Curry Leaves – 1 Spring
13.Hot water – 2 cup to 2 1/2 cup
14.Sugar – 1/2 tbsp
15.Salt as required
16.Some Cashew nuts (optional)
Watch video 👇
- Take a pan and make the flame into low than roast the rava until it turns to light golden shade and keep aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan,splutter the mustard seeds then the dry red chillies,urad dal and some cashews nuts.
- add the chopped onion,green chillies,ginger and some curry leaves.Stir it for 2 minutes.
- add carrots and saute everythig well.Add 1 tsp of salt and 2 tbsp of the grated coconut and saute it for few seconds
- add the hot water along with 1 tsp of ghee and allow to boil well.Check the salt and add if needed.
- Make the flame into low and add the roasted sooji rava and mix well.Close the pan and cook it for 2-3 minutes in a low flame.
- Open the lid and add 1/2 tbsp of sugar and 1/2 tsp of ghee into it and with a fork puff up the upma and switch off the flame.Close the lid and keep it aside and cook for 5-10 minutes.Then Open the lid and with a fork,again puff up the upma.Your tasty upma is ready to serve.
- the upma and switch off the flame.Close the lid and keep it aside and cook for 5-10 minutes.Then Open the lid and with a forkk,again puff up the upma.Your tasty upma is ready to serve.
Add a Comment