ബ്രേക്ക്ഫാസ്റ്റ് ആയും ഡിന്നർ ആയും കഴിക്കാൻ പറ്റുന്ന ഒന്നാണ് അരിപ്പത്തിരി.
വളരെ പെട്ടെന്ന് തയ്യാറാക്കാൻ പറ്റും.
Recipe by: Josna Ajai
Watch full recpie : YouTube
1.Cleaned crab – 1 kg
2.Sliced Onion – 3 nos ( medium sized)
3.Chopped Tomato – 2 nos ( big sized )
4.curry leaves – 2 spring
4.Green chillies – 4 nos (chopped)
5.Coconut oil – 4 1/2 tbsp
6.Red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
7.kashmiri chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
8.Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
9.Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
10.Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
11.Garam masala – 1 tsp( masalas you can adjust according to your choice)
12.Salt per taste
13.Thick Coconut milk
14.Warm Water – 1 to 1 1/2 cup
Heat a heavy bottom pan and add 4 tbsp of coconut oil.When it became hot make the flame into low and add the chopped green chillies and saute it.
Then add the sliced onions along with 1 tsp of salt and some curry leaves and saute it till the onion
Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder and stir it for a minute.
Then add the red chilli powder,kashmiri chilli powder,coriander powder and saute everything for 1-2 minutes.
add pepper powder and garam masala than saute it for 2 minutes.
add the tomatoes and mix it and cook for sometime
Add 1/2 cup of warm water then cover and cook it for 5 minutes in a medium flame.
Open the lid and add the crab gently mix it,cover and cook it for 10-15 minutes in a low to medium flame.open it.add seasonings too.
Add 1/2 cup of thick coconut milk and mix gently and, allow to boil. Once it’s start boiling off the flame.
Add some curry leaves and 1/2 tbsp ofcoconut oil over it and mix gently.Our tasty curry is ready to serve.
BLACK POMFRET FRY IN BANANA LEAF WRAP/MEEN POLLICHATHU.
Recpie by: Josna Ajai
This is a flavorful and delicious fish recipe that the fish is fried and then cooked in banana leaf than wrap with masala.The flavor from the banana leaf adds more taste to this fish.Usually it is made with karimeen /pearl spot but today here I used black pomfret for this recipe.
Watch full recpie : YouTube
1.Pomfret fish – 1 big sized ( Clean the fish thoroughly with vinegar,limejuice or salt.Make gashes on each side and again
clean it well.)
For the marination of the fish
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt as needed – 1 – 1 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tbsp
- Water as needed – 3 to 4 ttbs
Pre- preparation of fish
Mix everything well and make a paste
Marinate the fish well and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
Heat a pan and add 4 to 5 tbsp of coconut oil.when it beacame hot make the flame into low and add some curry leaves.
place the fish in the pan and shalow fry the fish for 5 minutes both sides and remove it in a plate.
Following are the ingredients to make the masala paste :
1.green chillies – 2 to 3 nos
2.Kashmiri chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
3.Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
4.Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
5.Curry leaves – 1/2 spring
6.Pepper corns – 1 tsp
7.Ginger – 1 small piece
8.garlic cloves – 4 nos
9.Coconut oil – 1 tsp
10.Water – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Grind everything well and make a paste
Other ingredients :
1.Coconut oil – 3 to 4 tbsp
2.shallots – 1 cup
3.Onion chopped – 1 cup ( small )
4.Tomato chopped -1 no
5.Salt as needed
6.Banana leaf – 2 nos
7.Ghee – 1tbsp
Preparation of masala
Heat the same frying pan and add the shallots and onoins and saute till it became light brown color.
add the ground paste and
mix it with the onion.
add the chopped tomato and saute it till it became soft.Add salt as needed and mix it then off the flame.
Wraping the Fish :
Now we can take 2 medium sized cleaned banana leaf and soften the leaves by putting over the flame for few seconds.we are doing
the procedure because the leaf won’t break while wraping.If the banana leaf is not available you can use aluminium foil too.
Place the banana leaf in a flat surface and place the half portion of masala over it then place the fish middle and again add the
remaining masala on the top.You can also add sliced tomato and green chilli over it.Next wrap the fish tightly and tide it with a thred.
Heat a frying pan and add 1 tbsp of ghee and place a banana leaf over it.Then place the fish in the banana leaf and cover it with
a lid and make the flame into low and cook it for 10 minutes.
Flip the fish and again cook for 10 minutes.once it’s done remove from pan. Serve with lemon a lemon slice.
- Tenderloin 350 gm
- Cornflour 4 tbsp
- Egg 1 no
- Kashmir chilly powder 1 tsp
- Chilly powder 1tsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric power 1 pinch
- Pepper powder 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Lemon 1 no
- Coconut oil 200 ml
- Curry leaves
- Salt as required
- Cut the tenderloin into thin sliced strips
- Chop the curry leaves.
- Marinate tenderloin strips,nicely coated with cornflour, egg,chilly powder,tumeric powder,gram masala, pepper powder,ginger garlic paste,lemon juice,salt and choped curry leaves .keep it 20 mins.
- Heat oil in a frying pan until hot ,add the marinated tenderloin strips.fry untill golden and crisp with medium flame.
- Scoop out the tenderloin and drain the oil.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.
- Finely chopped ginger 1 cup
- Jaggery 2 tsp (crushed)
- Tamarind lemon sized
- Chilly powder 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric 1 pinch
- Green chilly 4 no
- Asafoetida 1 pinch
- Coconut oil 2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Coconut oil
- Mustard seeds
- Dried red chilly
- Curry leaves
- Chop the ginger ,green chilly ,curry leaves finely
- Tamarind soak in 1 cup water for 20 mins and make smooth paste
- Jaggery crushed in a blender
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped ginger,green chillies and curryleaves.saute till it turned into golden colour.
- Reduce the flame ,add the turmeric powder, asafoetida and chilly Powder.
- Add tamarind paste,salt and keep it for boiling medium fire .
- Add crushed jaggery and cook untill gravy thicken
- Once it gravy thickened,remove from the fire.
- Heat oil in small pan and add mustard seeds.when it splutters, add dried redchilly,curry leaves.stire for few seconds .
- Pour the tempered mixture on top of ginger curry.