Recipe by : Josna Ajai
Potato bhaji is a simple and easy recipe only takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.it is a commonly served dish in both south India and north India.
1.Boiled Potato – 2 big sized
2.Sliced onion – 1 big sized
3.Chopped ginger – 1/2 tsp
4.Chopped garlic – 1/2 tsp
5.Sliced Green Chillies – 4 nos.
6.Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
7.Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
8.Coconut oil – 2 1/2 tbsp
9.Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
10.Sugar – 1/2 tsp
11.salt as per taste
12.Chopped Coriander leaves
13.Some curry leaves
Watch video 👇
- Heat a a pan , add 2 tbsp of coconut oil and make the flame into low then add the mustard seeds to splutter.
- Next add the cumin seeds and stir it.After it add the chopped ginger and garlic and saute it for 1-2 minutes.
- add the onion,along with the green chillies and some curry leaves and stir it for a minute.
- Add 1 tsp of salt into it and stir it till the onion become translucent.
- Add the turmeric powder and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add the smashed potato and mix everything well.Then add 1/2 cup of hot water and stir it. and mix well.if you need more gravy add extra hot water.Close the lid and cook it for 3 minutes in a low flame.and mix well.if you need more gravy add extra hot water.Close the lid and cook it for 3 minutes in a low flame.
- Add 1/2 tsp of sugar for an extra taste.
- add some coriander leaves and curry leaves and mix everything well.
- Finely Add 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil on the top for an extra flavour.
- Serve with chapati or dosa