Recipe by : Josna Ajai
It is an easy Indian sweet recipe made from custard powder and the basic ingredients like sugar and ghee.…
1.Vanilla flavoured custard powder – 1 cup
2.Sugar – 1 1/2 to 2 cup (Add according to your taste)
3.Ghee – 3 tbsp
4.Water – 4 cup
5.Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
6.Some Sliced Pistachios and Almonds ( If you are using cashews and raisins
fry them before adding the halwa)
Watch video 👇
- Take a bowl and add custard powder along with the sugar.Then add water little by little and mix it without any lumps.Let it sit for few minutes to dissolve the sugar completely.
- Take a big pot and add the mixture into it.Then heat it and make the flame into low and stir it continuesly till it become thick.
- Add 3 tbsp of ghee and stir it well till it be a jelly form
- Add the pistachios and almonds and the cardamom powder and mix it well.Stir it till it become more thick and changes its color.When the bubbles are start to coming from the halwa you can switch off the flame and let it cool down for a while.
- Grease a vessel with some ghee and transfer the halwa in it.Spread some ghee in a spatula and make shape out of it.
- Let it cool down completely and cut it into the required size and serve it.